Volunteers In Public Schools
In order to volunteer at school or in your child’s classroom you need be a VIPS.
Please complete the VIPS Application to begin the process.
The following documentation is required when applying:
- Copy of negative TB Test (per state law)
- Copy of a valid CA photo ID
- Senate Bill 792— California Daycare Immunization Requirements for Adults: all volunteers working with preschool aged children must have proof of a measles, pertussis and *influenza vaccination and must provide a health screening affidavit signed by a healthcare provider. (*The influenza vaccine may be waived on an annual basis)
A new VIPS application is required for the following reasons:
- First time VIPS in LBUSD
- Expired TB Test (Expires every 4 years)
- Volunteering at more than one school starting January 2022
Processing of a VIPS application can take up to two weeks due to fingerprinting (DOJ and FBI requirement) and Megan’s Law clearance.
For VIPS questions and support please call (562) 997-8457 or email VIPS@lbschools.net